Membership of Brisbane Canoeing provides...
A venue where members can:
- make use of club boats and equipment (including paddles and PFDs)
- store their own boats and equipment
- learn good canoeing skills through sound instruction in a safe environment
- receive coaching from experienced members,
- avail themselves of structured training programmes
- access instructional programmes and events organised by QLD Canoeing Inc, to which the club is affiliated
- compete in well organised events run by other affiliated clubs, against canoeists of similar age and skills
- join in club run family recreation days
- gain experience and knowledge of our waterways
- enjoy this healthy pastime/sport in the company of others with the same interest
- assistance with the transportation of boats to events.
Members who store their boat in our shed enjoy insurance in their storage fee.
Queensland Canoeing affiliation
Brisbane Canoeing Inc is affiliated with Queensland Canoeing Inc. (QC) There are a number of associated benefits provided through the affiliation. Following is an explanation of where your affiliation fees go…
Where does the money come from to operate QC?
Revenue to maintain the operations of the QC office is obtained by the following sources:
- Sport & Recreation Funding / Grants
- Club Affiliation Fees
- Membership Fees
- QC conducted recreation programs
- QC conducted Education Courses (Award Scheme / Coaching / Officials)
- Major Events
Where does your money go?
Membership fees were obtained by taking into consideration the following-
Australian Canoeing Membership Fees:
The national Levy is a portion of your membership that is allocated to cover the National Scheme insurance policies provided to protect members for Personal Accident and Public Liability. It also assists our National office in administrating the National Database and membership cards; National and International matters.
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance:
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance indemnifies the Club Committee members, Trustees, Executive Officers and any other Officers of the sport against “wrongful acts” committed in their respective capacitates with the sport.
As per tax office guidelines one eleventh of all income is remitted to the Australian Tax Office for the GST.
The balance of your fees goes toward the development of affiliated clubs.
Communications and running costs of the QC State Office including administration and stationary expenses for all disciplines.
Club Affiliation & Membership Benefits
By joining Queensland Canoeing Inc, you become part of a professionally run organisation and receive:
- National and State Affiliation to Australian Canoeing Inc (AC) and Queensland Canoeing Inc (QC)
- Insurance coverage;
- Public Liability for coaches and club officials against claims arising from a breach of their professional duty resulting from participation in the sport.
- Directors & Officers Liability Cover for Clubs Committees.
- Personal Accident cover for members whilst participating in any endorsed / sanctioned QC events.
- Access to membership online database.
- National Website template and hosting.
- Representation at Australian Canoeing planning workshops and AGM
- Links to other relevant external organisations
- Personalised AC membership card with commercial discounts.
- Discounted prices at QC sanctioned courses & events.
- Discounts at recognised Distributors.
- Access to Official Competitions.
- Eligibility to represent at State, National & International events.
- QC new updates.
- Promotion and distribution of Club promotional material.
- Professional Staff and Committee Members to provide advice and support regarding:
- Club Development & Management.
- Grant applications and Finance.
- Procedures, Policy & Bylaws.
- Risk Management.
- Event Management.
- Coaching Assistance.
- Access to Training & Development Opportunities;
- National Coaching Accreditation Scheme in all disciplines.
- Australian Canoeing Award Scheme.
- State Development Squads Queensland Academy of Sport).
- Workshops for officials & coaches in all disciplines.
- Other Membership Benefits established.